Problems with paging space

From: Dave.Zarnoch@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 14:02:34 EDT

I have been having some problems with my system concerning
i/o on a couple of disks hdisk2 hdisk3

I checked paging and saw this:

Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto
Type
paging02 hdisk0 rootvg 4096MB 0 no yes
lv
paging01 hdisk3 vg00 4096MB 13 yes yes
lv
paging00 hdisk2 vg00 4096MB 13 yes yes
lv

Notice the "no" for Active on paging02 on rootvg

I tried to activate the space through command line
(swapon -a and swapon /dev/paging02)
and also through SMIT

I get the following message:

0517-072 swapon: Cannot activate paging device /dev/paging02.
: The requested resource is busy.

Here's the status of the space:

rootvg:
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT

paging02 paging 128 256 2 open/syncd
N/A

(I also noticed that the space appears to be mirrored?????)

Anybody have any clues why I can't activate this space?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
UNIX Systems Administration
SunGard eSourcing