Re: Problems with paging space

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 11:45:08 EDT

There is no point having more than one paging space on a single physical
disk and it can actually reduce performance, (compared with a single, larger
paging space). You should determine how much paging space you require in
total, then distribute that amongst suitable disks, always ensuring that
/dev/hd6 in rootvg is large enough for the system to start. Ideally, all
paging spaces should be the same size, but that is not actually a
requirement.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe