Re: Problems with paging space

From: Dave.Zarnoch@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 10:59:34 EDT

Thanks!

Here's what I have now:

Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto
Type
paging02 hdisk0 rootvg 4096MB 0 no yes
lv
paging01 hdisk3 vg00 4096MB 21 yes yes
lv
paging00 hdisk2 vg00 4096MB 21 yes yes
lv

There is a lot of disk activity on hdisk3 and hdisk2 due to a DB app and
third party
app running there
rootvg is VERY quiet

I think I'll try to:

Change the dumpdevice temporarily
Remove paging02 (on vg00 Second VG)
Deactivate paging00
Remove paging00 (on vg00 Second VG)
Create hd6 (not mirrored) on rootvg
Create paging00 (not mirrored) on rootvg
(This way I can utilize the "round robin" method)
Deactivate paging01
Remove paging01
Change the dumpdevice to utilize the space freed
on vg00.

Does this sound OK?

Thanks!

DaveZ

                    Holger.VanKoll@SW
                    ISSCOM.COM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    Sent by: IBM AIX cc:
                    Discussion List Subject: Re: Problems with paging space
                    <aix-l@Princeton.

                    06/27/2002 10:35
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    IBM AIX
                    Discussion List

and remember you (still?) cant have more than 16 GB swapspace (all
together).
paging02 looks big... depending on your pp-size.
btw. you dont have hd8 mirrored...

I agree with Simon... recreate hd6