Re: Problems with paging space

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 10:48:38 EDT

Ah, yes! Paging02 isn't an active paging space, but it is a dump device.
If you have the space, you could configure a dedicated dump device, (I like
/dev/hd7, as that's what it used to be). That way you still have access to
a dump after a reboot, without having to copy it to tape first.

For the time being, you could allocate a very small LV for it, and accept
that you won't get a full dump on it if you happen to have a problem before
you finish sorting out the dump spaces. You could even set it to /dev/null,
if you like.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe