Secondary DNS server

From: Erik Ian Kennedy (erikiken@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 14:04:33 EDT

I inherited a primary DNS server (AIX 4.3.3). We
really need to scrap this machine. I have a second
machine running AIX 5.1 that we want to make the
primary, but I think that first, it should start
functioning as the secondary DNS server (inheriting
from the primary). Does this make any sense?

So, how would I set this up from scratch? I know that
the requisite filesets are installed, but what do I do
from here?

Erik
[Moderately experienced AIX guy, but DNS novice.]