Installation woes

From: Myers, Drew (MyersD@GOALAMO.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 11:34:21 EST

Hi all.

I have just done something that scares me, and I'm curious (and embarrassed)
by it:

During a patch install from 4.3.3.0 to 4.3.3.0 ML10, I noticed that "oslevel
-r" actually returned 4320, while "oslevel" returned 4.3.3.0. Needless to
say, the patch installation failed. I loaded the base 4.3.3.0 CD, to
install whatever the system was missing (I didn't discover until later the
actual fileset).

Anyway, long story short, I screwed up and installed every fileset from the
base CDs. Not every applicable fileset, but every fileset. (No one ever
accused me of being bright).

Without setting my system up for major instability, is there a way to
correct this, short of a fresh install?

Thanks,

Drew Myers