Re: Installation woes

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 12:42:14 EST

Or tun an lslpp -h and look for software installed today, then remove it.
Or check the smit.log.

BV
Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
billverzal@imcingular.com (Pager)
888-428-4025 (Pager)
MailStop: 27.202B

"Green, Simon" <Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM>
Sent by: "IBM AIX Discussion List" <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
03/17/2003 11:31 AM
Please respond to "IBM AIX Discussion List"

        To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
        cc:
        Subject: Re: Installation woes

You can, in theory, just remove every fileset that you don't want. Either
with the installp command or through smit, (smitty remove).

However, I would much rather re-install. If it's a new system, just
re-install it. If it's an existing system restore from your mksysb tape
and
do the upgrade again.

If by some mischance you don't have a suitable mksysb you have my
condolences.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or (800)835-8699 in New Mexico.