Re: Installation woes

From: Myers, Drew (MyersD@GOALAMO.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 13:28:51 EST

Fortunately, I APPLIED the changes, so the updates to existing filesets are
still in that state. Easy to rollback. My big problem is, well...the
installp manpage probably explains it best.

"When a base level (fileset) is installed on the system, it is automatically
committed. You can remove a fileset regardless of the state (committed,
broken,
committed with applied updates, committed with committed updates, etc.)."

This adds an extra level of complexity. This is what I'm thinking:
1) remove the APPLIED filesets
2) remove the base filesets that were installed during this little patching
session

theoretically, that should work though I suspect it will introduce
instability in the system. Which leaves me with the least enjoyable, but
probably most stable option...reinstall.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your quick replies as well. You are saving my life!
Drew