[HPADM] Re: SUMMARY Auto port aggregation

From: vinod kumar (vinodkumarmp@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 22:50:35 EST

With James reply and help with our Networking folks ,
I was able to configure the auto port aggregation .

There are 2 things done .

1. HP side change 2 files .
 /etc/rc.config.d/hp_apaconf :
HP_APA_INTERFACE_NAME[0]=lan900
HP_APA_LOAD_BALANCE_MODE[0]=LB_MAC
HP_APA_GROUP_CAPABILITY[0]=900
HP_APA_HOT_STANDBY[0]=off
HP_APA_KEY[0]=
/etc/rc.config.d/hp_apaportconf :
 HP_APAPORT_INTERFACE_NAME[0]=lan6
 HP_APAPORT_GROUP_CAPABILITY[0]=900
 HP_APAPORT_CONFIG_MODE[0]=FEC_AUTO
 HP_APAPORT_INTERFACE_NAME[1]=lan7
 HP_APAPORT_GROUP_CAPABILITY[1]=900
 HP_APAPORT_CONFIG_MODE[1]=FEC_AUTO
 HP_APAPORT_INTERFACE_NAME[2]=lan8
 HP_APAPORT_GROUP_CAPABILITY[2]=900
 HP_APAPORT_CONFIG_MODE[2]=FEC_AUTO

stop and start /sbin/init.d/hpapa

2. Cisco switch side there is no FEC mode in Gigabit
switch . So we set the ether channel to "desirable "
mode .

Thanks
Vinod

James reply :