[HPADM] Port question

From: Yoho, Cindy (Cyoho@umpublishing.org)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 15:43:40 EST

Hi All,

Is there a way to determine all the different ports that are used by a
system, applications and all? I want to select a range of unused ports
to assign to an application but I'm not sure how to tell which ones are
unused. The /etc/services file is a list of ports and what they are
used for, but it is only as accurate as the sysadmin (me) and I'm afraid
that's not very accurate :-\ Is there another way or ways to find this
info? HP-UX 11i on rp7410.

Thanks in advance for any help ~
Cindy Yoho
System Engineer