[HPADM] SUMMARY: Port question

From: Yoho, Cindy (Cyoho@umpublishing.org)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 10:13:50 EST

Thanks to everyone who responded, too numerous to list all of you! The
consensus is that netstat, lsof and the /etc/services file will be about
all the info I can get on ports in use. No way to determine ports that
will be used if the application is not running, unless it is listed in
/etc/services as reserved. Some useful links were sent, listed below

http://docs.hp.com/en/5990-7252/ch01s01.html (Thanks to Bill Hassel)

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers (Thanks to Michal Kapalka)

www.insecure.org (Thanks to John Backus)

http://www.pimpworks.org/hp/hpuxtips.html