[HPADM] Re: Slow netstat command

From: Christopher H Vann (vannc@dteenergy.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 15:19:31 EST

Hi,

I've gotten several responses.
I'll post later.

I did some more digging. The output of netstat -a only shows local boxes.
So the resolution should have never tried to get it it's forwarders. (which
are unreachable)
But I really think the unreachable forwarders is part of my problem.

I ran rndc querylog on the dns slave (which was the master when we were
isolated).
I did a netstat -a on one of our HP boxes.
I reran rndc querylog and looked thru syslog.

The box is querying 0.0.0.0
Any idea why?

Chris