[HPADM] SUMMARY Adding an additional SCSI device

From: JackTebbe@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 16:47:54 EST

Thanks to all who responded. The majority of responses were to
verify there were no SCSI address conflicts and to make sure
everything was properly terminated.

Eef Hartman's response pin pointed the cause of my problem. I was trying to hook up a newer SCSI device which is not supported by the 715.

Part of Eef's response...

Is the external drive of the right kind (that is "narrow, single ended, HI-voltage")? The 715 doesn't have much choice in SCSI busses, the internal only supports that kind
of disk (no differential ones, no lo-voltage ones like the newer WSE drives of the B & C series workstations). And do you have a terminator after the disk (HP disks never
do active termination themselves, they rely on a real terminator on the bus).

Thanks

John