Re: HACMP upgrades

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 08:01:03 EST

I've not used it for going to an entire new version.

I've done AIX ML upgrades this way, also HACMP fixes.
I think I did AIX 4.2->4.3 this way as well. (But my
HACMP cluster wasn't working properly then, so it wasn't
a big deal if there were further problems.)

If you can do everything in one maintenance session, and
don't expect to be able to do a fallback from the updated
server to the original one until it, too has been updated
then I think you'll be OK. I'd take special care that
everything is backed up and you have a good back-out plan.

Check the HACMP Admin guide and see what it has to say about
migration from earlier release. (I'm only on HACMP/ES 4.4.1
so can't offer any specific insights.)

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.