HACMP upgrades

From: Robert Miller (rmiller@SMUD.ORG)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 13:59:04 EST

Folks,

We're looking at moving some B80's from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.2, and upgrading HACMP from v4.3 to v5.1.

The setup is running Oracle Parallel Server, with one box able to write to the SSA-attached drives at a time.

The question is this: is it possible to shut down one box, upgrade AIX and HACMP, then shut down the databases and the other box, bring the databases up on the upgraded box, and then update the other machine?

I'm wondering what kind of "gotcha's" there are, if any, that I'll need to look at or figure out...

Thanks!

--rm