Re: word file creation

From: Bruce Whittaker (bwhittak@ENERGY.COM.AU)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 23:18:05 EST

Hmmm,

I've go a cheat that you can use if you're basically dealing with a
template.

Create your template in word and set the fonts layout as you wish. Where
you want text replaced with your data, insert a special tag (ie [MYDATA]
).

Write a script to parse your data and populate the template - replacing
the tags with your data.

UUencode the result and email it off and it can be opened as a formatted
word document at the other end.

This can be a really fussy task - especially if you are playing with
variable length data. So first make sure it's worth it. In my case the
data needed to be displayed in landscape so that it wouldn't look like
rubbish and it was going to users who wouldn't be knowledgeable enough to
import different formats into word.

I hope this helps !.

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension 34193
External (02) 9269 4193.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected
your business contact details for dealing with you in your business
capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information,
including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

Stephen Spalding <ssaixadm@YAHOO.COM>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
12/11/2003 09:05
Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List