Re: word file creation

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 06:39:10 EST

Since Word uses a proprietary format, you can't really do
this - not reliably, anyway.

If you're keen to produce some sort of formatted output
you'd do better to use a common standard. HTML springs
to mind; or RTF.
You can find details of the RTF Specification here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e5b8ebc2-6ad6-49f0-
8c90-e4f763e3f04f&DisplayLang=en

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.