Split SCSI for LPARS

From: Raj Atwal (atwalrs@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 12:07:28 EDT

I am sure I read something about this somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find anything about this now.

The four pack disks that are installed in the I/O drawers have to be "normally" assigned to one LPAR because of the one SCSI bus, but I believe there is something called split-scsi that allows the disk pack to be split between LPARs. Can anybody verify this and possibly point me to some documentation please?

Specifically I am looking at configuring a p650 for 5 lpars.

TIA

Raj Atwal