Re: Split SCSI for LPARS

From: Joe Ryals (joe_ryals@CSX.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 13:11:31 EDT

Sorry, my emails to the list do not make it for some reason,

The feature that you are referring to is for the internal 4 pack
backplane on the p630 and p650 systems only, this allows each half to be
connected to a separate scsi adapter (2 separate adapters) via a special
SCSI card (in slot 7 of the p650, we have 2 p650's with this feature) so
that each scsi adapter can be configured for a different lpar. I don't
think the D20 I/0 drawer (which is now available on the p650) can split
the 6 bay backplanes in the same way but the D20 has room for 2 x 6 bay
backplanes which I believe can be connected via separate scsi adapters (
one for each LPAR )

Joe