Getting Jumbo Frames to work on a p630

From: James Thompson (mezron@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 11:13:40 EDT

What else needs to be done in order to get Jumbo Frames working on a p630.
I'm using a gigabit ethernet adapter of course. I've gone through the
screens to enable Jumbo Frames on the adapter, but a ping with larger than
1500 byte size just hangs. The Cisco switch that I am using has jumbo
frames enabled on the ports. Is there some other setting that needs to
changed other than the obvious ' chdev -l ent4 -a Jumbo_Frames=yes'?

I have a few linux client machines that happily ping large frames between
themselves, its this p630 that I am having difficulty with.

Thanks,

James