Re: ssa speed question

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 16:15:56 EDT

This prolly doesnt help but.......I dont remember seeing errors bc of this!
I was running OEM SSA drawers which had 40mb/sec looping, and saw ZERO
errors..

Bobby Kelley
Sr. AIX/UNIX Administrator

| | Bill Verzal |
| | <BVerzal@KOMATSUN|
| | A.COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 07/02/2003 02:31 |
| | PM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: ssa speed question |

I've got a B80 with a SSA-160 adapter connected to (4) 7133-020 drawers.
Obviously, the SSA-160 adapter is 160Mb/s (bi-directional). The 7133-020
drawers are 40Mb/sec (bi-directional).

I'm getting errors every hour on ssa0. Would this be because it is running
at a degraded speed due to the older drawers ?

Thanks, Bill.

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.