Decommissioning some SSA disks

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 06:34:54 EDT

All,

We have some SSA disks that we are returning to the lessor and need to
eliminate any data that's on them.

I don't seem to be able to select an SSA disk (hdisk or pdisk) with any of
the standard format commands.

Am I left with something like "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdiskxx" or is there
a better way to eliminate the data on the disks?

Note - I'm not looking for "Government erase". The disks contain only old,
non-production data but I still need to erase it.

TIA

 Bill Thompson
 Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
 6-0599

 Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
 May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The
 Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.