Re: Decommissioning some SSA disks

From: James Jackson (James.Jackson@MAIL.STATE.AR.US)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 11:34:33 EDT

Bill,

Try scripting up the command "ssa_format -l <pdisk>". Excerpt from the
SSA User Guide:

"The ssa_format -l pdisk command opens the pdisk special file, and uses
the ISAL Format command to format the device. You can close the device
while the format operation is running. If the command cannot format the
device, it prints and error message."

HTH,

James Jackson