Re: About DB2

From: Taylor, David (DTaylor@WBMI.COM)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 11:51:10 EDT

Make sure that you have the database in instance A cataloged properly in instance B. That would explain why it is looking for it locally.

# db2 catalog db <spm_name> at node <nodename>

<nodename> = alias name of the database to which you're connecting. <server> = internet address of the DB2 server (example: db2server.wbmi.com)

<port number> = check SVCENAME in database manager configuration, then match it with /etc/services listing is if isn't a number;usually 50000

<spm_name> = SPM_NAME database alias from database manager configuration.

HTH

David