Re: Adding Addl Disk to Volume Group

From: Sue Pellerito (Sue.Pellerito@JACKINTHEBOX.COM)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 11:55:30 EDT

Thanks for the info on adding the disk. Now I am having a problem with
determining how big to increase the filesystem. What is the formula? I
would like to allocate all that is available on the volume group? I checked
the archives but following the formulas presented only increased it by
about 500mb. I'm sure I need to someone account for the 128 PP Size. Below
is the output from lsvg:

$<root>/ < 392 > # lsvg emcdatavg
VOLUME GROUP: emcdatavg VG IDENTIFIER: 0001389f8be75084
VG STATE: active PP SIZE: 128 megabyte(s)
VG PERMISSION: read/write TOTAL PPs: 2652 (339456
megabytes)
MAX LVs: 256 FREE PPs: 1411 (180608
megabytes)
LVs: 2 USED PPs: 1241 (158848
megabytes)
OPEN LVs: 2 QUORUM: 3
TOTAL PVs: 5 VG DESCRIPTORS: 5
STALE PVs: 0 STALE PPs: 0
ACTIVE PVs: 5 AUTO ON: yes
MAX PPs per PV: 1016 MAX PVs: 32

                      "Patrick B.
                      O'Brien" To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      <pobrien@DOIT.NV. cc:
                      GOV> Subject: Re: Adding Addl Disk to Volume Group
                      Sent by: IBM AIX
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      05/01/2003 03:06
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Do an 'extendvg vgname hdiskname'

Increase the FS and the LV will fallow by doing a, 'chfs -a size=new_size
/fs_name'.