Re: HDD down without any error

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 06:13:26 EDT

It sounds like this HDD was not spinning up properly. Once it was spinning,
it would continue to work OK, so no errors were generated. If it didn't
spin up, the only errors would be in the VG, because the hdisk wasn't
available: no I/O would take place, so there wouldn't be any failures.

In this particular case, I don't think there's anything which could be done
to detect the problem earlier.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.