Mirror rootvg questions

From: admin@CF2TREE.COM
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 15:47:47 EDT

Hi folks,

My system: AIX 5.1 running on a 6H1.

I just mirrored the rootvg. There was no problem during the process. The
system came up okay after the reboot. My question is why the LV STATE on hd5
is different than others. Is this normal?
My other question is that I did not 'mklvcopy' on lg_dumplv. Do I need to?
Finally, how can I be sure the mirroring is working? Can I tell by this "lsvg -
l rootvg' command?

TIA

# lsvg -l rootvg
rootvg:
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT
hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/syncd N/A
hd6 paging 32 64 2 open/syncd N/A
hd8 jfslog 1 2 2 open/syncd N/A
hd4 jfs 1 2 2 open/syncd /
hd2 jfs 18 36 2 open/syncd /usr
hd9var jfs 1 2 2 open/syncd /var
hd3 jfs 4 8 2 open/syncd /tmp
hd1 jfs 1 2 2 open/syncd /home
hd10opt jfs 1 2 2 open/syncd /opt
lg_dumplv sysdump 16 16 1 open/syncd N/A