Re: Mirror rootvg questions

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 17:10:23 EDT

hd5 is the boot partition...only used during boot. it will always be closed
when the system is running. Bear in mind that to fully mirror rootvg and be
able to boot, you need to do bosboot -a -d hdisk0 and bosboot -a -d hdisk1
(assuming those are your drive names). it won't do you any good to mirror
your boot drive, but not put a boot block on.
I would remove one of the copies of hd6, though, you don't want to mirror
your swap. i'd add a second swap, the same size as the first on the other
spindle. email me direct if you need more help (just finished doing this on
two boxes today).