Oracle 9.2 On AIX 5.1 Problems

From: John F Riordan (jriorda2@CSC.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 14:27:03 EST

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is running Oracle 9.2? I have two servers "7025
F80" and 7044-270 running 9.2 and AIX 5.1 ML-03. Both machines in the
past 10 days have either crashed or ran out of memory. Oracle 9.2 has been
running on these machines for only about a month. Each time the problem
occurred we were unable to capture any type of dump or anything conclusive
in the error log. The 270 did have a "Software Interrupt message" but IBM
was not sure where it came from. The F-80 was still up, however no
commands could be issued as we would receive the "The fork system call
failed" / Not enough memory.

Our Oracle DBA's have found a patch for 9.2, but I just thought I would
check with you all to see if you have experienced anything similar.

As always, thanks in advance.
John