Re: Oracle 9.2 On AIX 5.1 Problems

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 04:17:16 EST

That sounds like a simple shortage of paging space. How much memory - real
and swap - do you have? What are your vmtune settings?

Software Interrupts are to be expected when you're short of memory.

If you have sufficient memory and VMM is correctly configured, then you
should consider a memory leak. Is this what the patch is for?

If you're unfamiliar with this, there's a useful document in the AIX Hints
and Tips which has some advice on investigating memory leaks; the commands
are also useful for more general memory problems.
http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.techTips

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.