Re: Finding user of an NFS filesystem

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 13:35:22 EST

You try lsof.

Kevin Adams

-----Original Message-----
From: Green, Simon [mailto:Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 2:45 AM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: [aix-l] Finding user of an NFS filesystem

Following some maintenance to an NFS server yesterday, I have a problem with
one of the clients. I re-mounted the filesystem on all of the other
clients, but forgot this one.

All I need to do is unmount it and remount it. However, when I try to
unmount it I get

umount: 1831-015 16 error while unmounting baut101s:/xcom/baup121 -
The requested resource is busy.

How can I fins out what's trying to use this? fuser isn't giving me any
information: it just says that /xcom isn't there any more:

/xcom: /xcom: A file, file system or message queue is no longer available.

The filesystem is mounted between two SP2 nodes, over the SP Switch. The
client is a SAP Application server, and it's presumably something in SAP
that's using it. We plan to stop the SAP Application instance at
lunchtime, which I hope will sort out the problem and allow me to remount
the filesystem, but I'd appreciate any suggestions for future reference.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, contains information from PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.