2nd jfslog

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 11:12:24 EST

Hello,

on a 4.3.3-10 system hd8 is constantly overloaded because applications write many files to /tmp.

rootvg consists of hdisk0 and hdisk1 , lvm mirrored, old slow disks.

Could I reduce the load on hdisk0/1 if I create a 2nd jfslog on these drives?

IŽd say this will make things worse more probably than better, but would like to hear your opinion.

Regards,

Holger

  util #rblk #wblk KB/s volume description
  0.94 0 1816 136.6 /dev/hd8 jfslog
  0.79 0 2560 192.5 /dev/hd3 /tmp

  util #rblk #wblk KB/s volume description
  0.97 736 4552 397.7 /dev/hdisk0 N/A
  0.90 928 4544 411.6 /dev/hdisk1 N/A