Re: HACMP and the post-Oracle 8.1.7-install error message

From: Gene Sais (Gsais@CO.PALM-BEACH.FL.US)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 10:26:24 EST

Its recommended to install Oracle on the failover node which is usually not a problem since I always use the failover node as an Oracle test server. Some use the failover Oracle Home and others use the primary Oracle Home, your choice. I prefer to use the primary, export them and import them on the failed node. For this to work, your filesystems/vgs must be named differently in the cluster.

hth,
Gene

>>> Paul@BHAILE.NET 11/02/02 04:58AM >>>

You are right. Rootpre.sh adds inittab entries for post-wait kernel extensions during the Oracle installation. So you need to copy these two files -
/etc/pw-syscall
/etc/ora_kstat

onto your secondary node and then correct inittab. The primary will have some entries like this ....
orapw:2:wait:/etc/loadext -l /etc/pw-syscall
orakstat:2:wait:/etc/loadext -l /etc/ora_kstat

Just run the extensions manually to test with svrmgrl.
Should be fine.
Paul.