Re: HACMP, hdisk with no VG assignment.

From: James Jackson (James.Jackson@MAIL.STATE.AR.US)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 09:46:11 EST

Simon,

Thanks for your thorough response. Your deductions regarding the cause of
the problem appear to be right on the money.

I'm guessing the only way to import the VG on the Dev. node is to vary it
off on the Prod. node, correct? Would it be absolutely necessary to stop
the cluster to do this? I've already exported the VG on the Dev. node, and
I'm stuck right now, since I apparently can't import it while it's active on
the Prod. node; mark it off to my lack of HACMP experience.

I'm doing all of this to prepare for a takeover test in advance of adding
some ESS SAN storage. I want to make sure everything is stable before I
start mucking with maintenance levels and device drivers.

I've found the HACMP manuals to be pretty useful, as well, though I wish
they went a bit deeper on troubleshooting.

As always, thanks for your well-reasoned responses to this list. I'll look
into the Yahoo! HACMP group.

Regards,

James Jackson