Re: Telnet response and /etc/resolv.conf

From: Bill Zhang (aicc_us@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 02:25:28 EDT

I had a similar problem a few days ago.
I created file /etc/resolv.conf with a nameserver
entry in it, I have to wait for several minutes for
the CDE to come up when I tried to login the system.
The nameserver has no entry for this system. I guess
that is why it took so long.
If I'm not mistaken, the resolving order, by default,
is bind,local,nis.
since the nameserver has no entry for the system, it
ha d to wait for a timeout before trying to find the
system in /etc/hosts file.
I switched local and bind in the resolving order in
file /etc/netsvc.conf. the problem is fixed.

sorry for my poor English.

Bill
--- Jean-Marc Monnez <monnez.jean-marc@AGORA.MSA.FR>