Possible to have a 180GB Filesystem?

From: Theresa Sarver (IFMC.tsarver@SDPS.ORG)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 09:54:46 EDT

Hi everyone -

I'm running AIX 4.3.3 ML8 and I'd appreciate it if all your guru's could help me with a couple of questions:

1) Can I change the MAX NUMBER of PP's allocated to a logical volume on the fly? For instance, I initially set this LV up with the default of 512 MAX PP's. This LV currently has 240 PP's allocated to it, and I need to add 312 PP's - which will take me over my 512 hard limit.

2) A customer has asked that a filesystem be extended from 35GB to 180GB - does anyone know of a way to fulfill this request? - As I'm quite aware of the 64GB Filesystems hard limit in AIX 4.3.3.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Theresa