Re: Possible to have a 180GB Filesystem?

From: Saxon, Lamar (Lamar.Saxon@AMERICREDIT.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 12:27:45 EDT

>From the crfs man page. No, those options cannot be changed on the fly to

1073741824

65536, 131072 4096
2147483648

-----Original Message-----
From: Theresa Sarver [mailto:IFMC.tsarver@SDPS.ORG]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 11:13 AM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: Re: Possible to have a 180GB Filesystem?

Ewww! 1TB - I didn't know that. Thanks for staightening me out.

Now, all the filesystems were created with:
Fragment Size (bytes) 4096
Number of bytes per inode 4096

To support filesystems larger than 64GB what should these two fields be set
to? And can these fields be reset on the fly?

Thanks agian for everything;
Theresa

>>> TWilleat@MHP.SMHS.COM 08/28/02 09:53AM >>>
Filesystems can be up to 1TB. Individual files are limited to 64GB.