Re: Shrink /dev/hd4 (/)

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 11:20:46 EDT

I don't recall seeing any specific procedure for /usr, but I expect it's the
same: boot into service mode; rename hd4; create new one; copy data; delete
old hd4.

Obviously you'll want to be particularly careful to have a mksysb available.

The other way is to re-install from a mksysb, specifying that filesystems
should be shrunk. On a standalone system that's an option on the console
menus; I'm not sure where you'd specify it with PSSP. I looked into
something similar a few months back. I'll have a look through my notes and
contact you directly if I can find something.

For an SP node, this might be a reasonable option if you have a fast node,
with a relatively small rootvg. Booting in service mode etc could well take
longer than a re-install!

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe