Mirroring rootvg with the mirrorvg command

From: Ron Schwingel (rschwing@NDSLTD.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 11:00:17 EDT

When mirroring the rootvg VG, are there any issues with mirroring hd6 also.
I know a few years ago one of our systems (59H) had some performance
problems when doing this. I know without mirroring hd6, I will not be able
to boot from the mirror drive, but I will still be able to use any
additional
paging spaces I created on the mirror drive until the primary is back in
service, as long as I don't reboot (I could also change the default paging
space).

Is this only an issue on systems doing excessive paging and then only if
using slower processors and disks?

Ron Schwingel
Technical Support

NDS Solutions