URGENT failed hdisk problem

From: Jolet, John (John.Jolet@misyshealthcare.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 15:26:38 EDT

I've got a scsi hdisk in a system that had two logical volumes on it, and a
paging space...it seems to have gone batty and forced the system to
reboot...the old hdisk (hdisk3) is now listed as missing, and a new hdisk
(hdisk8) appears, in the same location code..so it's the same disk. Is it
possible to get that disk back online without losing the contents? I think
if I add hdisk8 to the volume group, it's going to format it, isn't it?
Help!