[HPADM] EMC vs HP SAN Storage

From: Sue Pellerito (Sue.Pellerito@jackinthebox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2007 - 12:56:37 EDT

We have been using EMC SAN storage for years, both Clarion and Symmetrix.
We use Timefinder copies on the Symm extensively and have clones scheduled
9 times daily. Currently we are looking at both HP's EVA and XP as possible
replacements. I am looking for any feedback on this type of migration and
whether there are any big differences I am missing between all the sales
hype. HP claims the Timefinder clones will not be an issue. We currently
use EMC's Storage Scope for reporting and ECC for disk allocation, zoning
and masking. Any suggestions, opinions are welcome. TIA.

Susan Pellerito
UNIX Systems Administration
Jack in the Box, Inc.
9330 Balboa Ave.