[HPADM] Re: Cisco San switch - default password - SUMMARY

From: vinod kumar (vinodkumarmp@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2007 - 13:48:05 EDT

Thanks to all who responded . Michal Kapalka had the
recomented solution by Cisco ( I also recived same
info from HP ) . It is given below and is very simple
.

Thanks
-vinod

Introduction
This document describes the procedure to recover a
lost administrator password from the console port of a
Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch.

Prerequisites
Requirements
You must perform the password recovery procedure on
the Supervisor Engine module that will become the
active Supervisor Engine module after completion of
the recovery procedure. In order to ensure that the
other Supervisor Engine module does not become the
active module, perform one of these two options:

Physically remove the other Supervisor Engine module
from the chassis.

Change the console prompt of the other Supervisor
Engine module to one of these two prompts until you
complete the procedure:

loader>

switch (boot)#

Note: Refer to the Cisco MDS 9000 Family of Multilayer
Directors and Fabric Switches configuration guide for