[HPADM] DST Patch forgotten to be applied on HP-UX Servers

From: Neil Paniraj (npaniraj@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 19:05:59 EST

Dear SAs:

We have forgotten to apply the DST OS related patches
on a few old servers running HP-UX 11i. The time/clock
shows an hour behind on many of the forgotten server.
Do we really have to apply this patch now, after the
DST change? Wouldn't it be good enough if I just
change the time manually and have it synced with our
NTP Server?

[Fortunately for us none of the apps/databases seem to
be broken... Many of these forgotten Servers had HP-UX
11i and outdated APPS running which had nothing
important, except for a couple which were
DataProtector Servers... ]