[HPADM] MIGRATION OF LUNS in a NPAR with 2 VPARS

From: Neil Paniraj (npaniraj@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 11:52:36 EST

Team:

    We have to migrate the LUNS belonging to a XP128
on 2 vPars which are a part of 1 nPAR. The LUNS which
are going to be assigned are from XP1200. All this has
to be done on-line.

    We have used Mirror-UX to do this in the past. We
Zone the server to both the XP Arrays and Sync them
using Mirror-UX and "lvreduce" each logical volume
belonging to the disks from the OLD XP Array. Always
worked.

But, this is the first time we are going to do on a
server which has 2 vPars. We are expecting some kind
of surprises because of the VPMON DATABASE. Has
anybody else tried such an exercise before? Please let
me know the DO's and DONT's if you have or any problem
which you may foresee.

Regards,
NEIL.