[HPADM] Mounting a logical volume with a bad block

From: jacktebbe@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 16:24:36 EST

Admins,

OS HPUX 10.20 (Yes it is outdated)

We had a couple of power surges that took out one of our servers and it would not mount one of the volumes due to a bad block. Is it possible to mount a logical volume with a bad block? I have run fsck numerous times on the volume out of desperation with no success. The logical volume in question just so happens to hold all of the data of one of the application we use. My predecessor was a bit short sighted on the backup of this volume as some of the much needed data is one directory level up from the backup strategy. I just want one last shot at certain configuration files and if I could mount this volume, It would make my life so much easier. Any insight/tricks and or black magic would be appreciated.

Regards,

John