[HPADM] Network traffic

From: Edi CAHYADI (edi.cahyadi@st.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 02:03:32 EDT

Hi Admins,

The network admin showed me that one of my servers behaves strangely. From the switch log, he can see that network traffic to one IP (138.x.x.191, which is apparently a broadcast IP) is the highest.
138.x.x.190 is the default gateway of the server.
Questions:
1. From the system, is there any way to capture network traffic from/to specific IP/host through a specific LAN?
2. What activity/process could have possibly caused this heavy network traffic?

Regards,
Edi