[HPADM] SUMMARY: INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly.

From: Edi CAHYADI (edi.cahyadi@st.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 23:43:45 EDT

Many thanks to Andy Cranston, Brett Geer, David Lodge, Mike Keighley, Albert Pereira, Richard Wright, Wolf-Dietrich Schmook, Bob Vance, Jeff Lightner, James Perry and Harry Levine for the replies.

Yes, we are using X-Windows XDMCP to log in.
Of course, removing the line or changing respawn with off would stop the message, but that's not an option.

The issue came after I modified the entry in inittab and killed the daemon, and restarted it manually. Running "init q" would be the right way to restart the daemon.

The message has stopped after the system reboot.

Regards,
Edi