[HPADM] RE: -SUMMARY-Getting Processes from Measureware

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 11:27:15 EST

Thanks to Daniel Copeland for his response. This gave me what I needed.

extract -xp -p -b date/time -e date/time -r report_file -f output_file

Man extract for more details but this will export processes from begin
to end time w/ the format defined in the report file (defaults in
/var/opt/perf) and send to output to the output file.

Attached is a sample report file for looking at processes -- giving
time, PID, name, CPU util, IO rt, and IO wait time for a process. Look
at reptall for total list of metric available.

I use this command daily, so let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.