[HPADM] Mutualization of instances SAP/ORACLE on vPars/HPUX 11i

From: JY.Torres (john_yves_torres@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 11:52:41 EST

Hi admins,

  In my new role, I just got a new projet. "Mutualization of instance SAP on HPUX 11i on vPars from a superdome 32way." For example, one Vpar (SAP ECC5, Oracle 9.2.6.0) is like this :
  HP-UX uxddig2a B.11.11 U 9000/800 1053141885 unlimited-user license
CPU Count: 3
CPU Speed: 875 MHz
CPU HW Support: 64-bit
Kernel Support: 64-bit
RAM Size: 3968 MB

  The informations I got from SAP, Metalink and HP :
  - 20 GB Swap
  - 1.5 GB RAM for OS
  - 2 Gb RAM per SAP instance
  - 2 proc
  And at least, 100 Gb diskspace for SAP datas for each SAP instance.

  But, there is no answer on reasearch on the key word "mutualization"

  So, I am looking for technical informations and the best practises for sizing the stuff. (I find nothing on the Net). Any ideas will be appreciated

  Thanks by advance (I will summarize bc this subject happens often)

  Regards

  .

Cordialement, Kind regards, Yours sincerely
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading
or saving in any manner. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited. Private Fax : 1-425-740-1864