[HPADM] ftpaccess upload question

From: Connie.Zolg@dana.com
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 13:23:24 EST

I am trying to avoid having all of the ftpusers in the ftpaccess file. Is
there a way to set up the ftpaccess file such that the owner could be set
to the user that is doing the ftp? We thought that maybe an asterisk might
work, but it set the owner to root. This is the current line, which makes
the owner 'psoft'.

upload /psoft/interface/DANADEV/gblrpt/inbound * yes psoft gpsftp 0700
nodir

Here is what I tried, which set the owner of the file to 'root':

upload /psoft/interface/DANADEV/gblrpt/inbound * yes * gpsftp 0700
nodir

 I would really like to be able to have the owner be the user that did the
ftp without having to have each user in the ftpaccess file. The goal is to
not let any other user in the 'inbound' directory see anything in any
other users' directories.

Here is the current directory structure, with permissions and ownerships:

/psbn/05 755 oracle dba
   interface 755 psoft gpsftp
      PRO 755 psoft gpsftp
        gblrpt 755 psoft gpsftp
           inbound 750 psoft gpsftp
             userid 770 userid psoft
             userid 770 userid psoft
             many more userids

Once the files are ftp'ed, they are owned by psoft:gpsftp with 700, which
prevents anyone else from seeing them, but also prevents the user from
overwriting the file if they ftp another one with the same name. Temporary
workaround is to have them ftp with a different name and have the psoft
user handle it, but that doesn't seem like a good solution.

Any help is appreciated....

Thanks ...

Connie Zolg
Dana Corporation
Global Information Technology Group
connie.zolg@dana.com

This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended solely for use by the
addressee(s) named above. It may contain the confidential or
proprietary information of Dana Corporation, its subsidiaries,
affiliates or business partners. If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail or are an unauthorized recipient of the information, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this e-mail or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by reply e-mail and permanently delete the original and any copies
or printouts.

Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Dana Corporation accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, Italiano, Portugues:
http://www.dana.com/overview/EmailDisclaimer.shtm